TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around two central Member experiences—our intimate monthly full-day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts on family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry-leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting – while our network-building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 800+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first-generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in excess of $10 million beyond personal assets, with Members’ personal investable assets ranging from $10 Million to $1 billion. Members, in the aggregate, manage over $70 billion of personal wealth, plus a subset of Members continue to manage an additional $65 billion of capital through investment partnerships they lead for others, creating a combined “footprint” in excess of $135 billion. Members are extensively screened to ensure that all Members are of high integrity and have enjoyed the requisite levels of success.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 is headquartered in New York City where a staff of 20 is based, while several other team members work from California, Canada, and Europe. There are currently over 50 Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 30 markets throughout North America, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to have Groups in major markets throughout the world, building out the ultimate network for Members to develop meaningful relationships both locally, within their Group, and globally, with Members from around the globe. Roughly 80 percent of a typical Member’s TIGER 21 experience is rooted in their intimate, confidential, monthly full day Group experience, and 20 percent is rooted in activities and experiences that connect them with the entire Member network (or subsets of the entire Membership around common interests). This blended Membership experience promotes interaction among the entire community and builds personal and business relationships based on a variety of common interests, needs, and challenges.
Membership in TIGER 21 is like having one’s own personal board of directors. Groups meet for a full day each month and are guided by a professional facilitator or “Chair”. A typical TIGER 21 meeting includes: a) a “world update” or roundtable on what is going on in each attending Member’s life and what has gone on in the last 30 days to inform the Member’s investment and personal outlook, b) a presentation (or two) by a world class expert on a notable subject such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or, an investment opportunity of interest to the Group, c) a Portfolio Defense®, in which, once a year, each Member presents his or her portfolio to their Group for an in-depth 90 minute review and analysis which has been prepared extensively, often in consultation with the Member’s outside financial advisors and Chair, and d) an “Issues and Opportunities” segment that explores in depth, any critical or important issues individual Members would like the insight and counsel on from their fellow Members.
Other benefits of TIGER 21 membership include our private Member website which allows Members to engage with one another based on a variety of interests and topics; the TIGER 21 Annual Member Conference; educational, cultural, and experiential events and trips; and access to special benefits and services provided by our vetted partners.
Every facet of our activities revolves around creating compelling value for our Members. This focus defines our activities, our partnerships and our revenue streams. As but one example, we have created an umbrella liability group insurance policy with the top-rated insurance company in America which close to forty percent of our Members participate in, and which today has over $4 billion of insurance in place. It is purportedly the largest high value policy of its type in North America. Members who participate at the highest level of the program are able to offset approximately half of their $30,000 annual Membership dues with savings from this one program, alone.
TIGER 21 is all about Protecting, Connecting, and Enhancing our Members’ lives. Members protect and grow their wealth, connect to an extensive network of other wealth creators, and enhance their lives with a Membership experience that is second to none.
Job Title: Chair Support Specialist
Job Classification: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Field Operations
Department/Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Date: March, 2021
Summary: The Chair Support Specialist (CSS) is responsible for the service experience of TIGER 21 “Chairs” (paid contractors who lead TIGER 21 Member Groups). The CSS is the “go-to” representative for our 50+ “Chairs” as they assist in the logistics, delivery and execution of 700+ Member meetings around the globe each year. Our CSS’ interface with Chairs daily and ultimately deliver a gold standard of service at all interactions to reflect TIGER 21’s commitment to excellence.
We are searching for an energetic and enthusiastic professional, who is passionate about client services, to join our growing Field Operations team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of Chairs who are movers and shakers in their field. An ideal candidate loves a fast-paced work environment that is rooted in building relationships.
A top-notch Chair Support Specialist is highly organized, pays attention to fine details, will demonstrate excellent time management skills and be passionate about customer service and self-improvement. Ideal candidates should be great brand ambassadors who are willing to take initiative and go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned
- Chair Service Support: Proactively partner with each assigned Chair to develop meetings and Member interactions that matter. Respond within the same business day to all Chairs inquiries regarding, but not limited to, business, general and technical support, accounting, membership, problem solving, and curriculum development. Phone calls are also a preferred method of communication.
- Meeting Logistics: Coordinate venue, food and beverage, AV, speakers, and arrangements for Member meetings. Coordinate and assemble required meeting materials. Responsible for post-meeting data collection.
- Client/Member Information: Ensure on a proactive basis that all client/Member information in the CRM and other applications is correct and up to date. This includes performing background checks on new prospective Members of a Chairs Group and other new Member due diligence.
- Policy/New Initiative Promotion: Communicate to the Chairs and support any new company policies and initiatives.
- Group Strategy and Analytics: Maintain monthly executive dashboards for each assigned Chair.
- Additional Support: Provide ad hoc support to conferences, training, TIGER 21 events, and facilitate smooth execution of Meetings in the Santa Barbara Office.
Reporting Relationships and Key Interdependencies:
This relationship reports to the Director of Field Operations and works very closely with all other Field Operations personnel as well as Member Experience Advisors and Member Development Directors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to interact effectively with ultra-high net worth clientele
- 5+ years of experience with inside phone sales/consulting/customer service
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to take initative and prioritize workload
- Ability to defuse potential conflict in a professional manner
- Some travel within the U.S. is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Customer Relationship Skills: Builds strong relationships with Chairs and gains their trust and respect. Able to interact well with different people and to flex style accordingly. Demonstrates a genuine desire to create the best possible experience for Chairs and Members.
- Communication: Effective communicator in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small groups, team meetings and formal presentations. Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Collaboration: Helpful to the team and readily shares relevant information.
- Organization and Planning: Must deliver against multiple priorities and competing demands on time, multi-tasking with ease and concentrating efforts on the most important priorities.
- Problem Solving: Keen ability to think quickly on your feet and out of the box to come up with alternative solutions to problems while demonstrating smart and logical thinking and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Innovation: Use business acumen and solid judgement to provide clients with the most comprehensive and efficient solutions and experiences possible. Maintain flexibility to approach each situation as a unique one while keeping the overall goals of the company in mind.
The work environment characteristics described here are represented of those an employee encounters while preforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are presentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now