TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around two central Member experiences— our intimate monthly full-day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts on family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry-leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting – while our network-building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 750+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first-generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in excess of $10 million beyond personal assets, with Members’ personal investable assets ranging from $10 Million to $1 billion. Members, in the aggregate, manage over $70 billion of personal wealth, plus a subset of Members continue to manage an additional $65 billion of capital through investment partnerships they lead for others, creating a combined “footprint” in excess of $135 billion. Members are extensively screened to ensure that all Members are of high integrity and have enjoyed the requisite levels of success.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 is headquartered in New York City where a staff of 20 is based, while several other team members work from California, Canada, and Europe. There are currently over 50 Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 30 markets throughout North America, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to have Groups in major markets throughout the world, building out the ultimate network for Members to develop meaningful relationships both locally, within their Group, and globally, with Members from around the globe. Roughly 80 percent of a typical Member’s TIGER 21 experience is rooted in their intimate, confidential, monthly full day Group experience, and 20 percent is rooted in activities and experiences that connect them with the entire Member network (or subsets of the entire Membership around common interests). This blended Membership experience promotes interaction among the entire community and builds personal and business relationships based on a variety of common interests, needs, and challenges.
Membership in TIGER 21 is like having one’s own personal board of directors. Groups meet for a full day each month and are guided by a professional facilitator or “Chair”. A typical TIGER 21 meeting includes: a) a “world update” or roundtable on what is going on in each attending Member’s life and what has gone on in the last 30 days to inform the Member’s investment and personal outlook, b) a presentation (or two) by a world class expert on a notable subject such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or, an investment opportunity of interest to the Group, c) a Portfolio Defense®, in which, once a year, each Member presents his or her portfolio to their Group for an in-depth 90 minute review and analysis which has been prepared extensively, often in consultation with the Member’s outside financial advisors and Chair, and d) an “Issues and Opportunities” segment that explores in depth, any critical or important issues individual Members would like the insight and counsel on from their fellow Members.
Other benefits of TIGER 21 membership include our private Member website which allows Members to engage with one another based on a variety of interests and topics; the TIGER 21 Annual Member Conference; educational, cultural, and experiential events and trips; and access to special benefits and services provided by our vetted partners.
Every facet of our activities revolves around creating compelling value for our Members. This focus defines our activities, our partnerships and our revenue streams. As but one example, we have created an umbrella liability group insurance policy with the top-rated insurance company in America which close to forty percent of our Members participate in, and which today has over $4 billion of insurance in place. It is purportedly the largest high value policy of its type in North America. Members who participate at the highest level of the program are able to offset approximately half of their $30,000 annual Membership dues with savings from this one program, alone.
TIGER 21 is all about Protecting, Connecting, and Enhancing our Members’ lives. Members protect and grow their wealth, connect to an extensive network of other wealth creators, and enhance their lives with a Membership experience that is second to none.
Job Title: Member Experience Advisor
Job Classification: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Experience Officer (CXO)
Location: New York, NY and Santa Barbara, CA
Date: June, 2020
Responsible for both the Member service experience and Member retention efforts for the organization, the Member Experience Advisor (MEA) seeks to ensure an exceptional experience for all the Members of the TIGER 21 community, and therefore functions as a trusted Advisor for each of our 700+ Members.
Each TIGER 21 Member will be assigned a MEA who will work with Member Development and Chairs to gather information that can personalize the Member experience, building on the Member profile developed during the prospect phase. The MEA will be the point person for that Member once he/she joins TIGER 21 and with the Member’s Chair will coordinate the New Member Orientation and Celebration. The MEA will continue to gather and manage Member information to inform an experience for that Member that proactively personalizes the experience, especially with opportunities outside of the Group Meeting, to support creating an exceptional Member experience that leads to Member satisfaction and retention.
This position requires regular phone/email conversations with ultra-high net worth individuals, and executive internal staff, so it requires considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in order to obtain willing action and consent from those involved. A keen understanding of the audience being supported, coupled with the ability to build and maintain significant and enduring relationships is a must to be successful in this high impact role, so a similar past work experience of applying empathetic, active listening skills with conflict resolution to address member ‘pain points’ while providing alternative solutions in order to create an exceptional Member experience, is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned
- New Member Celebration and Orientation – conduct new Member Orientation and coordinate the new Member Celebration for all new members who join our community to ensure they are introduced to the tools available for maximum adoption with a focus on:
- Building out each new Member’s online profile
- Assuring a memorable New Member Celebration and effective New Member Orientation
- Optimizing “Learn/Access/Connect” for each Member
- Reflecting an understanding of what is important to the Member
- Client Service Support – respond within 24 hours to all Member inquiries regarding, but not limited to, general and technical support, accounting, Membership referrals, Group visits, TIGER 21 events, and programming, problem-solving. Perform any necessary steps that will assist in proactively supporting the TIGER 21 community.
- Maintain Member Profile – from interactions with Member and Chair, continually update and maintain the confidential Member Profile.
- Member Satisfaction Calls – conduct check-in calls with current members – particularly those identified as ‘at risk’ – to ensure value is being received, and/or determine satisfaction level to optimize Member retention probability. Work with key stakeholders (Chairs and staff) to resolve issues or to elevate as needed. Identify, track, and report areas of problems and opportunities that result from Member interactions.
- Member Retention Interviews – conduct re-engagement calls with Members who have noted their intent to cancel membership, in order to save (keep in the same group) or transition (move to another group) or address other issues.
- New Initiative Promotions – support company marketing efforts, by communicating to Members any new company initiatives that may aid in membership efforts, training, or other relevant community information. Provide training or additional information about all policies and initiatives.
Reporting Relationships and Key Interdependencies:
This position reports to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and will work closely with Chairs and most TIGER 21 staff.
While candidates will be evaluated based on prior experience and qualifications, the following represent key areas of evaluation:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage UHNW individuals in candid conversations over the phone.
- Strong service orientation, with a desire to exceed Member objectives.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate efforts, share best practices and capitalize on opportunities.
- Works with field management to determine opportunities for improving the Member experience including market expansion efforts.
- Experience and comfort with technology – particularly Salesforce – to maintain the Member profile and to analyze this information to personalize the Member experience.
- Serve as the ‘Corporate Advocate’ on-boarding new members of newly launched and existing TIGER 21 groups, helping Members during their tenure better leverage the TIGER 21 network and conducting exit interviews to save pending Member resignations.
- Service Members with a myriad of matters, including but not limited to support, problem solving, promoting TIGER 21 initiatives, introductions to other TIGER 21 Members, general technical support, accounting and membership, observing a 24-hour service level agreement.
- Periodically attend and support TIGER 21 Conferences and other events.
- Strong client service skills; ability to interact with ultra-high net worth clientele
- Previous experience in solution selling/relationship selling to UHNWI or C-suite clients
- 5+ years’ experience with inside phone sales/ consulting/ customer service
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to diffuse potential conflict in a professional manner
- Some travel within the U.S. is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now