The Senior Event Manager, Event Experiences will be responsible for delivering outstanding experiences for TIGER 21 Member in-person and virtual events (Hamptons Event, Women’s Retreat, Ski Trip, Discover Events and the Annual Conference), supporting internal meetings (Chair retreats, etc.) and also in conceiving and executing new TIGER 21 Member events. Responsibilities for the events listed here will be assigned to the team based on the event calendar.
These events provide significant opportunities to improve and expand the TIGER 21 Member experience, and as such we are looking for an individual who has experience in both creation and execution of events for highly discerning individuals. The ideal candidate can work in a collaborative and supportive manner within the Member Experience team. While there will be clear accountability for each assigned event, it is anticipated that there will be flexibility and cross pollination of event management over time and that the candidates can operate effectively in this structure. The role will work closely with virtually all parts of TIGER 21, including Field Operations, to deliver events that support a Member-driven agenda. The candidate will be able to work with sponsors who will help fund certain portions of these events. This individual will have existing industry relationships that will help us deliver exceptional events around the country and around the world. This individual will need to develop longer term improvements to our processes, in particular with regard to event systems, to enable us to expand our event calendar on an efficient basis.
- Plan and execute unique Member events throughout the year, including our Annual Conference
- Organize and execute all elements of Chair Conferences and various other internal TIGER 21 meetings/events
- Partner with staff at venues, hire and manage vendors, develop and manage budgets, track attendance and manage sponsor and partner expectations
- Partner with Sponsorship team to create attractive opportunities for sponsors
- Partner with Marketing team to promote the TIGER 21 brand through design of event materials and campaigns to boost attendance
- Manage event budgets and work with Finance to accurately track all expenses and payments
- Plan Unique Events by working with venues, hiring vendors, budgeting, tracking RSVP’s, managing sponsorship/partners expectations, and working with TIGER 21 team to create these experiences for our Members
- Field Operations – work with team to create new events consistent with a Member-driven agenda of geographies and topics of interest
- Marketing – work with team to design invitations, create specific branding around each event or trip to sell/encourage members to attend
- Finance – Manage to a budget for each event, tracking payments to all vendors and communicating with finance is a daily action
- Build meeting websites within Cvent including registration management, reporting of participants and responses
Reporting Relationship and Key Partnerships:
This position reports to the SVP of Member Experience. This role requires interaction with all TIGER 21 departments, Chairs and Members. It will be essential that this individual works in a collaborative, supportive manner with the other team members, putting TIGER 21 and the Member experience first. There is also heavy interaction with external resources including multiple venues, vendors, and other service providers.
Competencies for Success:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following critical attributes for successful job performance. While each role demands different competencies, those that are recognized for success in this role include but are not limited to:
Organization and Planning: Able to marshal resources and leverage them effectively to get things done. Must orchestrate multiple activities at once, concentrating efforts on the most important priorities. Must demonstrate exceptional project management skills and ability to manage teams of people with diverse skills and responsibilities.
Problem Solving: Anticipates and adjusts for challenges and roadblocks using a combination of logic and creativity to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Communication: Effective communicator in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small groups, team meetings and formal presentations. Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
Working Independently: Able to work remotely and onsite at events, moving projects forward with minimal guidance and supervision. Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of experience in planning, coordinating, and managing events and related budgets
- Strong customer service orientation and hospitality skills required, with an emphasis on creating luxury experiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess:
- A strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A high level of skill and comfort using the Internet
- Experience using Salesforce CRM, Social Tables and Cvent strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are presentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting of boxes and meeting materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate travel required during peak event times and may involve weekends.
- Remote position is possible.
About TIGER 21
TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around two central Member experiences – our intimate monthly full day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts a family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting– while our network-building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 1,000+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year.
Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first-generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in excess of $10 million in investable assets. Members, in the aggregate, manage over $70 billion of personal wealth, plus a subset of Members continue to manage an additional $65 billion of capital through investment partnerships they lead for others, creating a combined “footprint” in excess of $135 billion. Members are extensively screened to ensure that all Members are of high integrity and have enjoyed the requisite levels of success.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 is headquartered in New York City and has a staff of more than 40 with team members based throughout the U.S and Europe. There are currently 70+ Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 40+ markets throughout North America, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now