TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around two central Member experiences—our intimate monthly full day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts on family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting – while our network- building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 800+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first- generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in excess of $10 million beyond personal assets, with Members’ personal investable assets ranging from $10 Million to $1 billion. Members, in the aggregate, manage over $70 billion of personal wealth, plus a subset of Members continue to manage an additional $65 billion of capital through investment partnerships they lead for others, creating a combined “footprint” in excess of $135 billion. Members are extensively screened to ensure that all Members are of high integrity and have enjoyed the requisite levels of success.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 is headquartered in New York City with additional members of the team located in other US cities, Canada, and Europe. There are currently over 60 Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 30 markets throughout North America, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to have Groups in major markets throughout the world, building out the ultimate
network for Members to develop meaningful relationships both locally, within their Group, and globally, with Members from around the globe. The core of a typical Member’s TIGER 21 experience is rooted in their intimate, confidential, monthly full day Group experience, augmented by activities and experiences that connect them with the entire Member network (or subsets of the entire Membership around common interests). This blended Membership experience promotes interaction among the entire community and builds personal and business relationships based on a variety of common interests, needs, and challenges.
Membership in TIGER 21 is like having one’s own personal board of directors. Groups meet for a full day each month and are guided by a professional facilitator or “Chair”. A typical TIGER 21 meeting includes: a) a “world update” or roundtable on what is going on in each attending Member’s life and what has gone on in the last 30 days to inform the Member’s investment and personal outlook, b) a presentation (or two) by a world class expert on a notable subject such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or, an investment opportunity of interest to the Group, c) a Portfolio Defense®, in which, once a year, each Member presents his or her portfolio to their Group for an in-depth 90 minute review and analysis which has been prepared extensively, often in consultation with the Member’s outside financial advisors and Chair, and d) an “Issues and Opportunities” segment that explores in depth, any critical or important issues individual Members would like the insight and counsel on from their fellow Members.
Other benefits of TIGER 21 membership include our private Member website which allows Members to engage with one another based on a variety of interests and topics; the TIGER 21 Annual Member Conference; educational, cultural, and experiential events and trips; and access to special benefits and services provided by our vetted partners.
Every facet of our activities revolves around creating compelling value for our Members. This focus defines our activities, our partnerships and our revenue streams. As but one example, we have created an umbrella liability group insurance policy with the top-rated insurance company in America which close to forty percent of our Members participate in, and which today has over
$4 billion of insurance in place. It is purportedly the largest high value policy of its type in North America. Members who participate at the highest level of the program are able to offset approximately half of their $30,000 annual Membership dues with savings from this one program, alone.
TIGER 21 is all about Protecting, Connecting, and Enhancing our Members’ lives. Members protect and grow their wealth, connect to an extensive network of other wealth creators, and enhance their lives with a Membership experience that is second to none.
Job Title: Vice President, Programming
Company: Tiger 21
Reports To: Chief Experience Officer (CXO)
HQ Location: New York, NY
Overview | Position Purpose
The VP, Programming will be responsible for enhancing the Member Experience through exceptional programming and content, delivering compelling speakers and resources for this highly selective Member community. The VP, Programming is also responsible for the administration and optimization of reporting and analytics on key metrics.
This individual will continually strive to fully engage Members with expert speakers who are leading-edge thinkers and essential figures in the most important issues of today. The VP, Programming is responsible for understanding the needs and requirements of the Members and will be pro-active with ideas for content.
This individual will also be charged with creating systems and working with the Technology department to collect feedback from Members, evaluating speakers and events and establishing best practices to continually improve the Member experience. This individual will explore how the new Member Portal may be utilized most effectively to collect, manage and distribute information, partnering with the Technology Department to define requirements and develop improvements to Member engagement through the use of the available technologies. In addition, the VP will explore the best ways to enable speakers to interact with Members remotely/virtually, while maintaining a special experience.
- Work with team to develop and execute a programming strategy for TIGER 21
- Responsible for selection, recruitment, and scheduling of speakers at TIGER 21 conferences, events and virtual offerings
- Make sure speakers are well prepared to meet with Tiger 21 Members and Chairs by providing insight into who the members are and the types of information they will be interested in
- Create new forms of programming to enable Members to engage with compelling speakers in ways that will enhance the Member experience
- Work with the Technology Department to explore options and select the best technology available for a speaker database, collecting feedback, as well as broadcasting speakers to Members in multiple locations, with live interaction, and potentially building a video bank of these events
- Maintain a keen awareness of events and developments affecting business and investment decisions, as well as current events, and know who the most knowledgeable individuals on these topics are to attract them to speak to TIGER 21 Members
- Determine measurable objectives for program offerings and use analytics to drive continuous improvement
- Support Field Operations to optimize Group Meeting content:
- Refine system to enable Chairs to access and review available speakers for Group Meetings and Chapter events
- Share relevant information with each other to maximize research and speaker identification efforts
- Determine whether speakers are most relevant for Group meetings and/or all TIGER 21 offerings
- Gain insights into Members interests to provide most relevant offerings
- Make sure the appropriate agreements are established and adhered to and ensure confidentiality for TIGER 21, Members and Chairs
Reporting Relationships and Key Interdependencies
This position reports to the Chief Experience Officer and will work closely with Chairs and the TIGER 21 team.
While candidates will be evaluated based on prior experience and qualifications, the following represent key areas of evaluation:
- Proven business professional with experience working alongside senior executives;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of speakers in a fast paced, high growth, empowered environment;
- Experience working with outside sales reps and remote teams;
- Experience working with UHNWIs preferred;
- Technologically savvy and up to speed on all relevant social media platforms;
- The ability to assess and improve speaker program performance;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage UHNW individuals;
- Strong service orientation, with a desire to exceed objectives;
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate efforts, share best practices and capitalize on opportunities;
- Attend and support TIGER 21 Conferences and other events as needed.
- The ability to build relationships with all relevant constituents across the organization, and engage them in honest conversations about the types of programs they would like to experience;
- The confidence to welcome candid feedback about speakers and events, so they get better and better over time;
- A level of professionalism and stature to interact easily with Members, Chairs and the Executive Management team;
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills as well as effective networking and team- building skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving and time-management skills – proactive, innovative thinking;
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral presentation skills -commitment to detail;
- Self-starter, comfortable with creating processes and structures;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and independently, meet critical deadlines, and set priorities in a timely fashion;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communication, or related fields – an MBA is a plus;
- Successful experience in one or more of the following areas: personal development / leadership development, training, membership organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Salesforce
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now