Allen D. Altman focuses his practice in the areas of complex estate, gift and GST tax planning for high-net-worth individuals and family units. He frequently designs and drafts complex customized wills and trusts and is regularly involved with the design, documentation and implementation of large transfers of private equity at material valuation discounts. He is experienced in negotiating and documenting tax-advantaged equity profits interests, current and deferred executive compensation, stockholder agreements and non-qualified deferred compensation. Allen proactively develops and implements tax and estate planning and probate strategies for his clients.
· Estate planning
· Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
· Business law
· Tax & Business Group
· Private Wealth Services
· Benefits & Compensation
· Mergers & Acquisitions
· Representative Matters
· Represented buyer in a $330 million stock purchase of an industrial products and supplies nationwide distributor.
· Represented buyer in a $200 million cash tender to shareholders of a public company.
· Represented buyer in numerous acquisitions of major regional electrical parts and supplies distributors.
· Represented seller in two sales for $150 million in wholesale food distribution business.
· Represented financial stake management groups in large venture capital fund acquisitions
Recognition & Leadership
· Awards and Accolades
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2007-2019
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2006-2018
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2009-2016
· Listed, Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2008-2012 and 2015-2016
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc.'s, one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
*AV , AV Preeminent , Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Adjunct Professor, Taxation, Emory University School of Law, 1977-1979
· Lecturer, University of Miami Law School, 1969-1972
· Teaching Fellow, New York University Law School, 1967-1968
· LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1968
· J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 1967
· Phi Kappa Phi; Omicron Delta Kappa
· Associate Editor, University of Miami Law Review
· B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 1964
· Beta Alpha Psi
· U.S. Tax Court
News, Insights & Events
· 40 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Listed In 2018 Edition Of Georgia Super Lawyers
· 40 Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Listed in 2017 Edition of Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine; Lori Cohen Ranked #3
· Greenberg Traurig Attorneys, Practices Included in the 2016 Chambers USA Guide
· Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Listed in 2016 Edition of Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine; Lori Cohen Ranked #2
If you are interested in learning more about TIGER 21, please complete the contact form and you will receive a copy of our most recent Asset Allocation Report.