About TIGER 21
TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around Member experiences including our core experience – intimate monthly full day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts a family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting– while our network-building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 1,200+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra-high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first-generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in of at least $20 million in investable assets, with TIGER 21 Members’ collectively managing personal assets of $140+ billion. TIGER 21 conducts a comprehensive due diligence process for all incoming Members to ensure that our Member community is of the highest integrity.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 has offices in both New York City and Santa Barbara, California and a staff of approximately 50 employees that work from all over the U.S. and London. There are currently 90+ Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 40+ markets throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Portugal, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to have Groups in major markets throughout the world, building out the ultimate network for Members to develop meaningful relationships both locally, within their Group, and globally, with Members from around the globe. Roughly 60-70 percent of a typical Member’s TIGER 21 experience is rooted in their intimate, confidential, monthly full day Group experience, and 30-40 percent is rooted in activities and experiences that connect them with the entire Member network (or subsets of the entire Membership around common interests). This blended Membership experience promotes interaction among the entire community and builds personal and business relationships based on a variety of common interests, needs, and challenges.
Membership in TIGER 21 is like having one’s own personal board of directors. Groups meet for a full day each month and are guided by a professional facilitator or “Chair”. A typical TIGER 21 meeting includes: a) a “world update” or roundtable on what is going on in each attending Member’s life and what has gone on in the last 30 days to inform the Member’s investment and personal outlook, b) a presentation (or two) by a world class expert on a notable subject such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or, an investment opportunity of interest to the Group, c) a Portfolio Defense®, in which, once a year, each Member presents his or her portfolio to their Group for an in-depth 90 minute review and analysis which has been prepared extensively, often in consultation with the Member’s outside financial advisors and Chair, and d)an “Issues and Opportunities” segment that explores in depth, any critical or important issues individual Members would like the insight and counsel on from their fellow Members.
Other benefits of TIGER 21 membership include our private Member website which allows Members to engage with one another based on a variety of interests and topics; the TIGER 21 Annual Member Conference; educational, cultural, and experiential events and trips; and access to special benefits and services provided by our vetted partners. Every facet of our activities revolves around creating compelling value for our Members. This focus defines our activities, our partnerships and our revenue streams.
As but one example, we have created an umbrella liability group insurance policy with the top-rated insurance company in America which close to forty percent of our Members participate in, and which today has over $4 billion of insurance in place. It is purportedly the largest high value policy of its type in North America. Members who participate at the highest level of the program are able to offset approximately half of their $33,000 annual Membership dues with savings from this one program, alone.
TIGER 21 is all about Protecting, Connecting and Enhancing our Members’ lives. Members protect and grow their wealth, connect to an extensive network of other wealth creators, and enhance their lives with a membership experience that is second to none.
About The Role
Salary Range: $225,000 – $250,000
The Senior Vice President – North America West Region will have the opportunity to enhance and expand TIGER 21’s presence throughout their assigned area. With a current base of 50 Groups located in 17 markets, the region is now ready for the next phase of its evolution – further expanding the TIGER 21 network in approximately five additional markets and deepening our presence in our current markets, while nurturing and developing a thriving Chair community within the region.
This will be accomplished through two main areas of focus:
- Acting as the primary point person for the TIGER 21 Chair community in the North America region. At TIGER 21, we develop and work with Chairs so they are “Conducting Greatness” in their Groups. The SVP – North America West will work closely with Chairs to ensure Chairs are well situated to curate close-knit Groups, deliver exceptional Meeting experiences month after month, and solve any challenges that present themselves along this journey. As well as fostering high levels of Chair engagement, the North America West SVP will also be responsible for helping Chairs succeed through Chair assessments based on both qualitative observations as well as quantitative metrics, such as growing Groups to 15 after 18 months and retaining 82% or more of Members annually.
- Growing the TIGER 21 Member network in the North America West Region. The SVP – North America West will head up the recruiting, selecting, and onboarding of additional TIGER 21 Chairs in their region, with support from the Field Operations team. Additionally, the SVP – North America West will also work closely with Chairs as they develop a pipeline of qualified Member candidates, with support from the Member Development team.
The SVP North America West will be supported by other members of the Field Operations team, as well as additional TIGER 21 staff members, including the Member Development and Member Experience teams. Successful candidates will have the experience and presence to leverage assistance from stakeholders within TIGER 21, as well as build relationships within the Chair and Member communities, with the goals of 1) helping Chairs and other TIGER 21 staff deliver an outstanding Member experience, as defined by strong Member retention, and 2) supporting Chairs in growing the TIGER 21 network in the region, through the onboarding of qualified Members.
Reporting Relationship and Key Partnerships:
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with all departments.
- With COO, develop a plan to optimize the opportunity for TIGER 21 in North America West
- Identify, recruit, and, with support from the Global Field Operations team, train Chairs in agreed-upon Region markets.
- With Global Field Operations and Member Development, support Chairs in identifying and onboarding approved Member Candidates in line with agreed-upon plan
- Engage with the Member Experience department to deliver effective events for Members and Chairs for the purposes of both recruitment and enhancing the Member experience
- Provide management oversight and support for existing and future North America West Field Operations, which will include frequent communications with and between Members and Chairs to clarify and resolve issues, and to ensure community standards.
- Foster Chair engagement in the North America West region to optimize Group cohesiveness and monthly Meeting experiences.
- Provide local support and oversight for North American West Member Development Director(s), Field Operations Specialist(s), Member Experience Advisor(s), and any other staff, whether direct reports or matrixed
- Engage with TIGER 21 HR and Finance departments to assure compliance with various regulatory, reporting, and other administrative requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven business professional with experience working alongside senior executives.
- Strong North America West experience and contacts.
- Business development and ‘recruiting’ capabilities.
- Experience working with UHNWIs and those who serve them.
- Technologically savvy and up to speed on all relevant social media platforms.
- Comfortable assisting with conception and execution of larger events.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage UHNW individuals.
- Strong service orientation, with a proven track record of exceeding objectives.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate efforts, share best practices, and capitalize on opportunities.
- Management experience, both with direct reports and in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and build relationships across the organization to support the broader TIGER 21 goals.
- Strong networking capability.
- Self-starter, comfortable with creating processes and structures.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and independently, meet critical deadlines, and set priorities in a timely fashion.
Desired Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree – an MBA or relevant Master’s Degree is a plus;
- Successful experience in a related field
The physical demands described here are presentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now