SAURABH RATHI is Vice President of Sales at Kotak Mahindra, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank. The role of a VP involves facilitating the flow of Institutional and Individual funds from our US clients to Indian focused equity and structured products. Previously Mr. Rathi was Associate Vice President of the Private Wealth Management Group at Kotak Mahindra Bank. Mr Rathi rceived his Masters in Business Economics from the University of Madras and his Bachelor of Economics from Loyola College
KOTAK MAHINDRA INC, New York Jan ‘08 – to date
Vice President – Sales
Kotak Mahindra Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, one of India's most reputed financial organizations.
- Lead Client Relationship Manager for US institutional and individual investors primarily investing in India focused equity and debt structured products
- Marketed a bouquet of products like quasi private equity and private equity funds, off shore open-ended funds, Foreign Currency Convertibles Bonds and India dedicated real estate funds
- Liaise with portfolio managers to manage direct equity portfolios of clients
- Established a new line of business in Debt trading for Kotak Inc.
- Identified and engaged in relationships with various Distributors to increase market reach
Single-handedly managed and retained over 40 clients during the financial crisis of ’08-‘09.
Appraised as an employee who has always Exceeded Expectations in the last 7 years with the Kotak group
KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK, Private Wealth Management Group, Chennai, India Aug ’04 – Dec ‘07
Associate Vice President
The Private wealth Management Group provides a wide range of wealth management strategies for HNIs and institutions.
- Built a strong base of client contacts that included the top 10 wealthy families in Southern India
- Increased revenues tenfold in a span of 3 years
- Efficiently managed and trained Management Trainees to build a larger team
- Experience in using various systems for the purpose of portfolio management and share trading.
STEELCITY SECURITIES LTD., Chennai, India Sept ’02 – Aug ‘04
- Analyzed equity research data and delivered comment presentations to potential clients.
- Implemented cost cutting measures, and focused on adding new customers in order to increase revenues.
- Interacted with regulatory authorities (SEBI); presented compliance documentation to SEBI on timely basis.
CERTIFICATION IN GLOBAL AFFIARS Dec ’09- Dec 10
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
MASTER IN BUSINESS ECONOMICS June ’00 – July ‘02
UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS
Ranked in the top 5 percentile.
BACHELOR OF ECONOMICS May ’97 – Jun ‘00
LOYOLA COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS
- Series 7, Series 63, AMFI, Capital Markets (Dealers) Module
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite