Acclaimed Leaders Headline TIGER 21’s Annual GX Conference
High-Net-Worth Group Hears Insights from Venus Williams, XPRIZE Foundation Chairman Peter H. Diamandis, Universa Investments’ Mark Spitznagel, Fundstrat’s Tom Lee, Virgin Unite CEO Jean Oelwang, Real Estate Heavyweights — Blackstone’s A.J. Agarwal, Heitman’s Mary Ludgin, and NewCities’ Greg Lindsay, and Many More
Arizona – March 18, 2022 – TIGER 21, the premier peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers, has concluded its 2022 Global Exchange conference in Arizona on the theme of “Connect Beyond.” The event, formerly known as the TIGER 21 Annual Conference, serves as a unique and exclusive experience for its more than 1,100 Members and their families to meet in person to learn from acclaimed leaders as well as fellow Members in their respective areas of expertise. Member connection is the core of the TIGER 21 experience, which was created to enable the ultra-successful to collaborate and learn from one another.
“Addressing investing, real estate, philanthropy, health and wellness, and other key themes, the Global Exchange has enabled our Members to access and gain insights from one another and top experts in a vast array of industries,” said Timothy F. Daniels, President and CEO of TIGER 21. “It was exciting to return to an in-person conference, spanning the course of three days, with Members alongside some of the most successful changemakers in the world, engaged in panels, breakout sessions and fireside chats, which cultivated Member connectivity, meaningful dialogue and actionable takeaways impacting the way Members do business, invest, and live.”
Tennis legend Venus Williams shared stories from her time on the court, as well as her experiences as a business leader and philanthropist. Moderating the discussion was Las Vegas TIGER 21 Chair J.B. Bernstein.
Peter H. Diamandis, Founder and Chairman of XPRIZE Foundation, held a session on the future of humanity as technology and science advances. Moderating the discussion was Gina London, CEO of Language of Leadership.
The finance market was addressed by Mark Spitznagel, Founder, Owner, and Chief Investment Officer of Universa Investments, who recently authored the book, Safe Haven: Investing for Financial Storms. Specifically, he covered risk mitigation in the current environment and his thoughts on Fed policy. Moderating the discussion was Brian Sullivan, Anchor and Host of the CNBC program, “Worldwide Exchange.”
Fundstrat’s Managing Partner and Head of Research, Tom Lee, discussed top stocks and other investments to watch in today’s market. Moderating the discussion was New York City TIGER 21 Chair Lorine Pendleton.
Jean Oelwang, CEO of Virgin Unite and author of Partnering, hosted a philanthropy network session with Jules Kortenhorst, CEO of RMI, and Gavin McCormick, Co-Founder of Climate TRACE, on some of the world’s greatest impact partnerships and how deep relationships are built and collaborated upon at scale to multiply positive impact on the world. Moderating the discussion was TIGER 21 Chief Administrative Officer Marian Stier.
A.J. Agarwal, Senior Managing Director in the Real Estate Group at Blackstone participated in a panel alongside Mary Ludgin, Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Research, at Heitman, and Greg Lindsay, Senior Fellow at NewCities and at MIT’s Future Urban Collectives Lab, to discuss current trends and the future of the real estate market for investors. Moderating the discussion was TIGER 21 President Emeritus Jonathan Kempner.
Additional speakers included:
- General Joseph Dunford, USMC (Ret.), 19th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation’s highest-ranking military officer, and the principal military advisor to the President, Secretary of Defense, and National Security Council from October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2019
- Dr. Dava Newman, Director, MIT Media Lab; Apollo Professor of Astronautics at MIT; Co-Founder EarthDNA: Former NASA Deputy Administrator
- Dana Carvey, a multi-Emmy nominated, Primetime Emmy-award winning actor and comedian
- Dr. Shimi Kang, Psychiatrist, bestselling author, Clinical Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia
- Dr. Eric Rimm, Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition and Director of the Program in Cardiovascular Epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School
- Pam Sherman, writer, actor, and leadership consultant
- Dr. Wendy Suzuki, Professor of Neural Science and Psychology in the Center for Neural Science at New York University
- Dr. Robert Waldinger, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, Director of the Center for Psychodynamic Therapy and Research at Massachusetts General Hospital, and Director of the Harvard Study of Adult Development
About TIGER 21
TIGER 21 is the premier peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers and helps them to navigate the challenges and opportunities that success creates. With more than 1,100 Members, TIGER 21 Members collectively manage personal assets of $135+ billion. Members are current and former entrepreneurs, investors, and top executives. TIGER 21 leads with a unique approach to financial acumen and wealth preservation that focuses on leveraging collective wisdom, shining a light on personal blind spots, and engaging Members in an extraordinary community to protect, connect, and enhance their lives. Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 has 85+ confidential Groups of about 12-15 Members each that meet for a full day each month in 40 cities across the U.S., Canada, U.K., Switzerland, and Portugal. Each Group functions as a personal board of directors for its constituent Members. Membership is by invitation only. To learn more about TIGER 21, please visit www.tiger21.com.