Salary Range: $225,000 – $250,000
The Senior Vice President – Family Office will have overall responsibility for developing, growing and driving contribution from the TIGER 21 Family Office offering. While the initial offering has been created, the SVP FO will refine the offering, seek ways to enhance the offering and assure exceptional execution for our Family Office Members. As noted above, this individual will also be responsible for delivering the plan and associated financial results for this new TIGER 21 offering.
TIGER 21 Family Office Groups will be considered ‘TIGER 21 Groups’, but with a topical versus geographic focus. These Groups will serve Members addressing the unique considerations and complexity that come with operating or creating a Single Family Office. Given this, the SVP FO will need to assure alignment with the rest of the TIGER 21 Network.
Reporting Relationship and Key Partnerships:
This position reports to TIGER 21’s Chief Operating Officer but will work closely with all parts of the organization.
- Work closely with the CEO and COO to develop and execute an updated TIGER 21
- Family Office Plan, including Programming/Groups
- Participate in the development and delivery of innovative FOG elements in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- In coordination with TIGER 21’s VP Business Development, develop FOG partner relationships of significant size, complexity, number or impact in order to support the Plan
- Work with existing FO Chairs and with the COO develop a pipeline of future Chairs to lead FO Groups
- Assist in the design of efficient and effective ongoing processes and controls
- Influence the design and development of integrated platforms, systems, tools and processes that create a better Member experience
- Resolve complex/broad issues as escalated. Establish root cause and apply systems thinking to prevent future occurrences.
- Regularly interface with TIGER 21 staff, Chairs and Members
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the FOG. Includes advanced knowledge of Family Office products, features, benefits, pricing, etc. and their relative positioning in the marketplace.
- Lead significant additional responsibilities specific to the FOG (recruiting, training, product education)
- Manage broad TIGER 21 FOG initiatives and events as needed to represent FOG in alignment with TIGER 21 (Eg. cross-divisional projects, internal committees, regional events, industry groups, etc.)
- Manage and nurture the TIGER 21 Family Office Network
- Mentor team members and assist in the ongoing development of their subject matter expertise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deep subject matter expertise in topics important to Family Office principals, including:
- Complex estate and tax planning structure
- Multi-generational family dynamics
- Portfolio management and investment considerations
- Family Office staffing
- Highly collaborative
- Highly effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency with systems and tools including Salesforce, MS Office and databases
Desired Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred disciplines (E.g. business, finance, economics, accounting, math, engineering, actuarial science, etc.).
- 7+ years of relevant financial services experience, preferably engaging with Single Family Offices
The physical demands described here are presentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About TIGER 21
TIGER 21 is the premier international peer membership organization for high-net-worth wealth creators and preservers. Our programs are designed to help Members navigate the challenges and opportunities that come with extraordinary success.
TIGER 21 membership is focused around Member experiences including our core experience – intimate monthly full day Group meetings, where 12-15 Members engage with one another to explore issues of wealth preservation and challenges and opportunities created by the achievement of great success. Members explore how success impacts a family’s philanthropy and relationships. Industry leading experts are tapped for part of each meeting– while our network-building among peers encourages relationship building across the entire TIGER 21 community.
TIGER 21’s 1,200+ Members make up the largest global network of ultra-high-net-worth wealth creators. The organization’s growth rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 percent per year. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including entrepreneurs from Main Street to Wall Street, top CEOs, and multi- generational wealth preservers who carry the responsibility of leading their family’s wealth preservation activities. The majority of TIGER 21 Members are first-generation wealth creators, and many are still actively engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.
Membership is by invitation only. Requirements for membership include demonstrated wealth in of at least $20 million in investable assets, with TIGER 21 Members’ collectively managing personal assets of $140+ billion. TIGER 21 conducts a comprehensive due diligence process for all incoming Members to ensure that our Member community is of the highest integrity.
Founded in 1999, TIGER 21 has offices in both New York City and Santa Barbara, California and a staff of approximately 50 employees that work from all over the U.S. and London. There are currently 90+ Groups (each comprised of 12-15 Members) in 40+ markets throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Portugal, and Switzerland.
TIGER 21 strives to have Groups in major markets throughout the world, building out the ultimate network for Members to develop meaningful relationships both locally, within their Group, and globally, with Members from around the globe. Roughly 60-70 percent of a typical Member’s TIGER 21 experience is rooted in their intimate, confidential, monthly full day Group experience, and 30-40 percent is rooted in activities and experiences that connect them with the entire Member network (or subsets of the entire Membership around common interests). This blended Membership experience promotes interaction among the entire community and builds personal and business relationships based on a variety of common interests, needs, and challenges.
Membership in TIGER 21 is like having one’s own personal board of directors. Groups meet for a full day each month and are guided by a professional facilitator or “Chair”. A typical TIGER 21 meeting includes: a) a “world update” or roundtable on what is going on in each attending Member’s life and what has gone on in the last 30 days to inform the Member’s investment and personal outlook, b) a presentation (or two) by a world class expert on a notable subject such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or, an investment opportunity of interest to the Group, c) a Portfolio Defense®, in which, once a year, each Member presents his or her portfolio to their Group for an in-depth 90 minute review and analysis which has been prepared extensively, often in consultation with the Member’s outside financial advisors and Chair, and d)an “Issues and Opportunities” segment that explores in depth, any critical or important issues individual Members would like the insight and counsel on from their fellow Members.
Other benefits of TIGER 21 membership include our private Member website which allows Members to engage with one another based on a variety of interests and topics; the TIGER 21 Annual Member Conference; educational, cultural, and experiential events and trips; and access to special benefits and services provided by our vetted partners. Every facet of our activities revolves around creating compelling value for our Members. This focus defines our activities, our partnerships and our revenue streams.
As but one example, we have created an umbrella liability group insurance policy with the top-rated insurance company in America which close to forty percent of our Members participate in, and which today has over $4 billion of insurance in place. It is purportedly the largest high value policy of its type in North America. Members who participate at the highest level of the program are able to offset approximately half of their $33,000 annual Membership dues with savings from this one program, alone.
TIGER 21 is all about Protecting, Connecting and Enhancing our Members’ lives. Members protect and grow their wealth, connect to an extensive network of other wealth creators, and enhance their lives with a membership experience that is second to none.
TIGER 21 strives to help Members fulfill their goals of transitioning from wealth creation, to wealth preservation, and in so doing we help our Members define “what’s next” in both their personal and professional lives.Apply Now