Mike Galvin is the Co-Founder, Vice Chair and President of Harrison Street Capital, LLC (“HSC”).
HSC co-founded, owns and operates a diversified portfolio of business platforms in real estate, private equity buyouts/build-ups, and technology. HSC’s investment focus is in the essential, need-based, less cyclical, asset light, growth business sectors. These sectors include: Education, healthcare, infrastructure (software and storage), and mission critical engineering and financial management consulting.
HSC Platforms: HSC is the lead investor/operator in:
- Harrison Street Real Estate, LLC: The first private equity platform exclusively focused in the need-based, but growth oriented, medical office, senior housing, student housing, and self-storage property sectors. HSRE has consummated ~750 investments nationwide and in Europe via ten opportunistic (capital appreciation) and open-ended core (income) funds.
- Harrison Street Strategic Sectors, LLC (build-ups):
· MCR Federal, LLC: A HSC owned company which provides financial and engineering management consulting to US & NATO govt agencies.
· Technology: UniqueSoft LLC: A HSC owned company which automates the modernization, design and upgrading of large, complex software systems.
- Gore Creek Asset Management: Mike is Co-Founder and Vice Chair of this a captive ‘outsource chief investment officer’, pooled investment and financial advisory family office.
- CSIS: Mike is a trustee and finance chair of the Center for Strategic & International Studies, one of the leading bipartisan policy think-tanks in Washington, DC. No. 1 in national security.
- Illinois Tech: Mike is also Vice (board) Chair of the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- The Galvin Electricity Project: Mike further assisted his father, Bob Galvin—retired Chair & CEO of Motorola, Inc. in the founding of The Galvin Electricity Project to convert the utility industry from a bulk grid to the more reliable, secure, cleaner and interoperable micro-grid configuration…, just as Bob Galvin’s team led the conversion of land line telephony to cellular telephones. Its PEER program (“Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal”) was recently merged into the US Green Building Council—which founded and operates LEED.
Prior Professional Positions & Affiliations:
- 1992 to 2005, President of Galvin Enterprises, Inc.: Diversified portfolio of operating company turnarounds in software and biotechnology, together with direct real estate and venture investing.
- 1989 to 1992, Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce for Export Administration (Bush “Sr/41” administration): Managing defence trade programs & policy.
- 1978 to 1989, Corporate Finance Transactions Attorney: Winston & Strawn (Partner)