This Policy describes both:
• the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.tiger21.com (the “Website”) as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by TIGER 21 (“our websites”).
• our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our websites. By using our websites, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us. The sort of information that you provide in each case will vary and could include personal information. You may provide us this information through a form on the Website, a registration form at a conference, or through your Member profile. Information that can be used to identify you individually (“personal information”) can include details such as:
- your first and last name
- your mailing address
- your email address
- your phone number
- your date of birth
You may provide such information through a variety of pages on our Website, including:
• Contact Us: https://tiger21.com/contact-us
• Become a Member: https://tiger21.com/Membership/becoming-Member
• Lead a Group: https://tiger21.com/lead-a-group/interested
• Newsletter: https://tiger21.com/eform/submit/insights
Prospective Members. During the application process as a prospective Member, you may provide additional information. Such information is subject to this Policy and the terms of the Prospective Member Non-Disclosure Form.
Members. As a Member, you may provide additional information through your account profile and under the terms of your Membership Agreement or other Company policies.
Automatic Information Collection. In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to the Website or while you engage with one of our website or email marketing campaigns. We collect this information using automated tools. These tools may collect information about your individual behavior and your computer system such as your Internet address (“IP Address”), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while on our websites.
We also may use these tools in connection with our email marketing campaigns to allow us to understand what links you click on and what content is of interest to you. TIGER 21 also may collect information from commercial sources to enrich and verify the information that you have provided or that we have collected about you. This information will help us to ensure that we have accurate records, and will provide us with the ability to keep your information up to date. In some cases, we may use this commercial information to determine something about you. For example, we may use your IP address to calculate your approximate geographic location.
Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways and TIGER 21 sites may use both of them:
(1) Session cookies do not stay on your computer after you close your browser; and
(2) Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Do Not Track Disclosure. We do not track visitors or Members over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, our Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal data.
Children's Information and Privacy. TIGER 21 does not actively seek to gather information from children under the age of twenty-one. If we are aware of any personal information that we have collected about individuals under the age of twenty-one, we will endeavor to delete it.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and you provide is collected and used to improve our service to you and your experience when engaging with our websites and our services.
TIGER 21 uses your information to do many things, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Respond to your questions or request for information from TIGER 21;
- Enable you to subscribe to our emails or newsletters;
- Register you for a TIGER 21 event;
- Provide meeting and lodging services to you in conjunction with a TIGER 21 event;
- Enter you into drawings or other competitions;
- Contact potential Members, existing Members or Chairs.;
- Enable Members to share information with one another;
- Prevent malicious activity on the Website and provide you with a secure experience;
- Provide marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you;
- Keep you up-to-date with the latest Member benefits.
Although we use your name and email address to inform you of Member benefits and events, you can always unsubscribe from receiving any marketing emails via the unsubscribe option in any such marketing email you receive from us.
How We Share Your Information
We may only disclose your personal information to our trusted partners to provide you any requested services or benefits in accordance with this Policy or with your consent. On occasion we may provide you with the ability to communicate with selected third parties or seek your permission to share your personal information with third parties. When we do, we will always provide you the option to consent to such information sharing.
Except as described in this Policy or disclosed to you in advance, we will not share your information with third parties unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- Comply with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order;
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; or
- Protect the rights, safety and properties of TIGER 21, its Chairs, employees, subsidiaries or agents.
TIGER 21 does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third party. There may be circumstances in which TIGER 21 may buy, sell or reorganize its business. Under these circumstances it may be necessary to share or receive your personal information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such instances, TIGER 21 will provide you notice of such a transaction and what, if any, impacts or changes to this Policy as a result.
California Online Privacy Act Compliance. We will not share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of advertising their products or services to you without out your prior consent.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
TIGER 21 wants to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will always allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed to the service. Please note that this opt-out right excludes mandatory transactional or service-oriented messages that are required to properly carry out TIGER 21’s obligations under law or under any agreement.
Access to Your Information
TIGER 21 strives to maintain and process your information accurately. You can access and revise your personal information by logging into your profile on the Member website. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant frameworks and take steps to monitor its accuracy. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing. In those instances in which we enable you access to your personal information, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
For Website Visitors or Members in the European Union
Under the GDPR, visitors and Members in the European Union or European Economic Area (collectively, “EU”) are provided additional rights with respect to their personal information, or “personal data” as that term is defined in the GDPR. If you are accessing our Website from the EU or live in the EU, please be advised that TIGER 21 processes your personal data in accordance with this Policy, any applicable agreements, and for the legitimate interests of its business in servicing you as a
visitor, prospective Member, or Member. You may exercise any of the following rights by directly making changes on the Website or notifying us as described below. Please be advised that each of these rights may also be subject to the terms and conditions of any agreement you have executed with TIGER 21. Only TIGER 21 Members will have a profile page.
- Access: You can access and verify what personal data our Website or the Company currently contains by logging into our Website and visiting your Member profile page. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal data our Website or Company possesses.
- Correction or Rectification: You can correct what personal data our Website or the Company currently contains by logging into our Website and visiting your Member profile page. You may also email us at email@example.com and request that we correct or rectify any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Restrict Processing: When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data within our Website or Company by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please explain how you wish TIGER 21 to restrict processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, TIGER 21 will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Object to Processing: When applicable, you have the right to object to certain processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to email@example.com to. When such objections are not possible, TIGER 21 will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Portability: Upon request, and when possible, TIGER 21 can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such a request cannot be honored, TIGER 21 will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent: At any time you may withdraw your consent to our Company’s processing of your personal data by notifying us via email at email@example.com. Using the same email address used for communications with TIGER 21 or the email address in your Member profile, simply type the words “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the subject line of your email. Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, TIGER 21 will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Erasure: If you should wish to cease use of our Website or being a TIGER 21 Member and have your personal data deleted from our Company and Website, then you may submit a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit your request, you will need to provide your email address used for communications with TIGER 21 or you’re the email address in your Member profile. When such erasure is not possible, TIGER 21 will advise you accordingly. TIGER 21 will confirm receipt and erase your personal data. Where applicable, TIGER 21 will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Submit Complaints or Questions: If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union Member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
TIGER 21 has implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure any information stored by the Website or Company against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. You may utilize a username and password to enjoy our websites and secure your Member profile. It is your responsibility to keep confidential your username and password. If you should believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password, if possible, and notify the Company immediately.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. We also want to address any complaints or concerns you may have with TIGER 21’s use of your information. To contact us about this Policy or your personal information, please contact us at:
TIGER 21 Membership Department Kristyn Carrea 888-844-3721, ext.120; Christina Johnides 888-844-3721, ext. 141
In your correspondence, please ensure that you inform us that your request pertains to information protection and privacy so that it is routed to the correct team.
This Policy was last revised on: June 1, 2018