Brad Deflin is a cybersecurity expert and Founder and President of Total Digital Security, with over 25 years of executive leadership in operations, sales, audit, compliance, and supervision of rigorously regulated financial environments, including Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, Wells Fargo, and J.P. Morgan.
Mr. Deflin is an author and frequent speaker on the matters of online risk, cybercrime, and the emerging technology that defends and protects from what has become our most critical personal and professional risk today. His presentations equip audiences with the knowledge and perspective required to understand the risks involved in the failure to protect their privacy and personal information and with an understanding of the emerging innovations in technology designed to keep them secure, safe and in control this precious data. No matter the background of the audience, Mr. Deflin strives to motivate and educate individuals to change their relationship to data security and to find digital resiliency and self-reliance.
Brad’s career in the financial services industry honed his expertise in operations technology, risk management, and online digital security. His leadership roles enabled him to recognize the dire need for a comprehensive and unified approach to effectively manage all elements of digital security risk. Through powerful software and cloud-based network operations, Total Digital Security provides complete online security and privacy solutions, as a service, without the need for expensive hardware and IT support.
Brad’s broad experience has a consistent focus: working and leading at the intersection of people, technology, and risk. He has led large groups and projects, pre and post Internet, toward measured adaptation, compliance and productivity. In 2012, this distinct perspective allowed Brad to recognize a massive shift in mainstream risk, and to foresee the coming super-cycle of online crime.
Bringing his proven skills as an innovator to bear, in 2013 Brad started Total Digital Security to provide enterprise-class solutions in a comprehensive approach to anyone that wants to effectively manage all elements of digital security risk – personally, professionally, at home, in the office, and on the road.
Brad is an author and frequent speaker on the matters of online risk, cybercrime, and the emerging technology that defends and protects from what has become our #1 personal and professional risk today.
"My goal is to drive cultural change not by presenting a broad body of knowledge, but to provide fresh context and a framework that advances critical thinking skills, new sensibilities,and insights at the individual level."
• Lehman Brothers SVP and Senior Market Manager - Florida, 1999- 2008 – Responsible for Sales Compliance and Supervision for all Retail and Institutional Markets, Palm Beach FL.
• Wells Fargo – Regional Director, The Private Bank, Gold Coast Region, FL, 2008-2011 – Direct report for Private Banking, Trust Services, Investment Management, and Brokerage Divisions.
• J.P. Morgan Private Bank – Senior Banker, Palm Beach, FL 2011– 2013. Led relationship teams for the Firm’s largest UHNW private banking clients.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Advisory Board member for The Department of Security Studies and International Affairs,2016 – current.
• NAHU – HIPAA Compliance Certified for Privacy and Information Security.
• FINRA Series 7,8,9,10, 24, and 63.
• 211 Crisis Line - Board Member and Past President.
• Palm Beach County Cultural Council – Past Board Member.
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – 1981, B.S. Aeronautical Sciences
• FAA Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor, Multi-Engine, Instrument Rated.
If you are interested in learning more about TIGER 21, please complete the contact form and you will receive a copy of our most recent Asset Allocation Report.