Explore the TIGER 21 Member Experience | 2023 Event Recap
With a growing variety of TIGER 21 trips and events, Members have many opportunities to connect in-person throughout the year. Member Experience events and programming ranges from learning opportunities, workshops, and conferences to adventure and leisure travel at first-class destinations worldwide. Get a peek at some of the events that Members enjoyed in 2023.
Annual Women’s Retreat
Once a year, the Women of TIGER are invited to attend the annual Women’s Retreat – a time for connection through group discussion, leisure activities, and more with fellow women Members from around the globe. Previous retreat locations include Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and Beaver Creek, Colorado.
The 2023 Women’s Retreat was hosted amid the beautiful southern backdrop of Palmetto Bluff, South Carolina. Attendees enjoyed rest and rejuvenation while getting to know one another better in a small group environment. Retreat highlights included:
- Learning sessions where Members could tap into the collective knowledge of trusted peers offering valuable ideas, resources or contacts for each person’s unique needs.
- Guided excursions and other activities designed to explore the rich history, culture, and natural environment of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
- Private culinary experiences including a traditional Southern meal prepared by sixth generation Gullah Chef Sallie Ann Robinson, who has been featured on The Travel Channel, Bon Appetit, and other international media outlets.
- Morning yoga and other health & wellness activities.
Through the TIGER DISCOVER program, Members journey together to a new city and learn about the local economic drivers, entrepreneurial and innovation scene, and investment insights. Along the way, Members also experience the unique cuisine, arts, and spirit of each community.
In 2023, Members were invited to DISCOVER Lisbon, Portugal – one of the oldest cities in Europe – to explore its rich history and culture, robust start-up scene, and more. Itinerary highlights included:
- Dinner and drinks at a members-only club, which included a fireside chat with two local historians who spoke about Lisbon’s robust past and burgeoning future.
- A visit to Viúva Lamego, a factory-studio collaborating with artists to produce Portugal’s famous hand-painted tile. Members created their own tile as a personal souvenir.
- An exploration into Lisbon’s cutting-edge research and technologies at The Champalimaud Foundation, which is conducting biomedical research in cancer and neuroscience, as well as Faber, a VC firm investing in innovation driving digital transformation and climate action.
Summer Soirée in the Hamptons
TIGER 21’s Summer Soirée in the Hamptons is one the organization’s time-honored Member events, with the first taking place in 2013. At the 2023 event, Members connected over locally-sourced cuisine and wine at the Wölffer Estate Vineyard, a family-owned, sustainably farmed vineyard celebrating 35 years of operation.
“We couldn’t have had more perfect weather for the Summer Soirée! There was not a cloud in the sky, so the 160+ Members in attendance soaked in the gorgeous golden hour light while they enjoyed a curated tasting flight of the Wölffer Estate Library wines, selected by the winemaker. (This was his private collection!) We also tasted other fabulous wines throughout the night,” said Robyn Sawdy, TIGER 21’s Senior Vice President of Event Experiences.
“The wine tasting was followed by a sit-down, five-course dinner, served family-style at a series of smaller tables. This intimate setting fostered plenty of great connections and conversations between Members. Amidst the delicious wine, great food, and fantastic location, these Member-to-Member moments were the real star of the show.”
A second 2023 DISCOVER Event took place in Nashville, Tennessee, where Members got an inside look at Music City’s hottest economic drivers—the entertainment industry, hospitality, and real estate among them—while enjoying all the distinctive cultural opportunities in this fast-growing region. Highlights include:
- Attending a songwriters-in-the-round session, a Nashville staple. The songwriters in attendance wrote hits sung by country star Brad Paisley (including “Waiting on a Woman”), and shared insights with Members around how they develop song concepts and lyrics.
- A visit to the National Museum of African American Music, with a learning session from Sony Music Nashville CEO Randy Goodman and COO Ken Robold.
- Discussions with local business executives and innovators: Max and Ben Goldberg, owners of Strategic Hospitality who have significantly shaped the city’s dining landscape in the last few years, helming several James Beard-nominated restaurants; Tony Giarrantana, the first real estate developer to build a high-rise building in Nashville who continues to influence the city’s real estate market today; Phil Bredesen, former Governor of Tennessee; entrepreneur Marcus Whitney; and Charles Luke from City National Bank.
- VIP access to a professional recording session, after which Members received an audio track of the session as a souvenir.
Member Workshop – What’s Next: Crafting Your Post Liquidity Plan
Based on the popularity of our other offerings for Members who have experienced a significant liquidity event, TIGER 21 introduced a new Investment Network focused on this segment of our Membership. The newly introduced Post-Liquidity Network engages Members who have experienced an exit and want to work through what’s next by connecting with other Members as well as external subject matter experts.
Like other T21 Connect Networks, the Post-Liquidity Network hosts events both virtually as well as in person. In 2023, The Post-Liquidity Network launched an in-person 48-hour workshop in New York City titled “What’s Next: Crafting Your Post Liquidity Plan.” This workshop has also been done previously in a virtual format.
During the workshop, Members had the opportunity to leverage an advisory team of peers and subject matter experts to create a personal, actionable transition plan covering all aspects of life. The agenda was designed to help Members break the inertia of post-exit planning and address topics such as picking your wealth team; values in planning; pacing; legal and trust overviews; tax efficiency; preparing your heirs; thinking generationally and philanthropy; and the purpose of wealth; and more.
A 2024 in-person workshop is already planned and open for Member registration.
A Day of Culture at Art Basel Miami with UBS
Members and their guests were invited to join TIGER 21 Partner UBS for a VIP experience at Art Basel Miami 2023. The curated event included an exclusive preview of the show ahead of its opening to the public, access to VIP areas and exhibits reserved solely for top collectors, and a private group tour of the UBS Art Collection.
Weekend events also included a dockside reception generously coordinated by a TIGER 21 Member, which included drinks, sushi, and local entertainment. Attendees then enjoyed an evening cruise, complete with a manatee meet-and-greet. “Art Basel Miami is an event that’s been wildly popular with Members in past years, and we were thrilled to partner with UBS for this VIP experience,” said Senior Event Manager Eileen Conlon.
The Evolving TIGER 21 Member Experience
More than ever before, TIGER 21 Members gain access to its global community through Member trips, virtual events, thought leader presentations, Lifestyle and Investment Network engagement, the T21 Connect App, and more. Learn more about the TIGER 21 Member Experience here.
About TIGER 21
TIGER 21 is an exclusive global community of ultra-high-net-worth entrepreneurs, investors, and executives.Explore the TIGER 21 Member Experience